MFPL's state-of-art Machine Shop caters to some of the world's leading Windmill, Railway, Boiler, Valve, and Earth Moving Equipment OEMs. This facility is capable of Blasting, Machining, Painting and Metalizing castings/forgings/fabrications up to 30 Tons.
- Toshiba Floor Borer (9m x 4m x 1m)
- Toshiba HMC Planer Type (4m x 3m x 2m) 1
- Toshiba HMC Planer Type (4m x 3m x 2m) 2
- Toshiba HMC (Twin Pallet, 2m x 1.5m x 1.2m)
- Mazak HMC (Twin Pallet, 1.4m x 1.3m x 1.2m)
- Toshiba VTL (Swing 2.4m, Dia 2.0m)
- Toshiba VTL (Swing 2.0m, Dia 1.5m)
- Hexagon Dea Alpha CMM (5m x 2.5m x 1.8m)
- Grit-blasting (8m x 5m x 4m)
- Wagner Airless-painting (8m x 5m x 4m)
- MEC Metalizing (Metal wire, LPG, Oxygen)
MFPL has a strategic partnership with a world-class foundry by the name of Akila Castings. MFPL and Akila Castings work together in providing a one-stop shop for high-quality machined castings for customers in Europe and North America.
A member of the American Foundry Society, Akila Castings is a family owned enterprise, established in 1974. Akila Castings' customers are spread across the world. For more details : www.akilacastings.com
- Induction melting furnace, Medium Frequency power supply 750 KW with melting crucibles of 500 Kgs, 1000 Kgs and 2000 Kgs.
- Induction holding furnace 450 KW power supply with crucibles of 5000 Kgs and 1500 Kgs.
- Intensive batch mixer 150 Kgs capacity for core sand.
- Continuous mixer 10 MT per mixed resin sand per hour for two part resin system with compaction table for mould production.
- Shot blast machine - table type 48”.
- Process control instrumentation and temperature measurement capability - including microprocessor based thermal analysis instruments and immersion pyrometers for liquid metal temperature measurement.
- EOT cranes of capacity 12.5 MT, 10 MT, 5Mt and 2MT for handling hot metal and large moulds.
- Digital crane weigher for precise weighment of molten metal during filling and pouring with wireless data transfer facility for recording data.
- ATAS - metallurgical process control software from Novacast for precise assessment of melt condition and control of melt parameters prior to pouring with prediction of tensile, hardness and cell counts.
- Simulation software: Novaflow & Solid for PC based casting solidification simulation to determine optimum locations for placement of in-gates and feeders and determining geometric points prone to defects such as shrinkage and porosity.
- Methoding and gating software – Foundry Technology III from Novacast along with charge optimization software Metal Master.
- PQDIT 1 from Novacast - software for ductile iron nodularising treatment process control - base iron assessment for optimum magnesium alloy addition and post treatment monitoring of recovery.
- Spectrometer (OES) capable of analyzing 24 elements with certified reference materials and standards for Iron and Nickel base alloys from SHIMADZU Japan.
- Clemex Image analyser Vision PE - for microstructure image capture and quantification of alloy phases with report generation including microstructure photos.
- Nikon microscope with camera – Epiphot 200 – capable of sample evaluation by bright field (BF), darkfield (DF), polarised light (Pol) and differential interference contrast (DIC).
- Nikon stereo zoom microscope – for study of casting defects and evaluation of sand grains and surface finish of moulds and cores.
- Struers automatic polisher for preparation of microstructure specimens for optical microscopy and image analysis.
- Full-fledged wet analytical laboratory with standard samples and reference materials for analysis of normal elements in cast iron.
- Sand testing laboratory for testing of moulding sands – bonded and unbonded.
- Mechanical testing of physical properties - 40 ton UTM for tensile testing and hardness tester 3000 Kgs load with 10 mm dia indentation ball and portable hardness tester for hardness measurement of large castings
- Foundry working area of 1200 square meters in two bays with material handling facilities.
- Grinding and fettling facility with power operated hand tools.
- Molten metal handling ladles of capacities from 80 Kgs to 5 tons for handling hot metal.
- Inspection instruments and gauges for precise measurement up to one meter.
- Outsourced facilities for pattern making, heat treatment and NDT inspection including Ultrasonic and Radiography.
- CAD Software IRONCAD for 3D modeling and drafting
- Standby generators of capacity 1010, 250 and 63 KVA